“MOS” stands for “Mobile Operating Systems”, and is the Software that allows mobile devices to run applications and other programs. MOS typically applies to phones, tablets and other mobile devices like wearable technology. In this article some of the best Mobile Operating Systems are described.
Some of the Best Mobile Operating Systems are as follows:
- Apple iOS: Launched on June 29th 2007, it came packaged with the first iPhone and has been the OS for all iPhones since then. Apple has kept this OS a closely guarded proprietary system, and not allowed any other mobile manufacturers to lay their hands on it. The iOS has been continuously upgraded by Apple since its first appearance in 2007, but the full focus has always been on the performance rather than the looks. This is probably why the latest version, iOS 9, is very similar looks-wise to the first. It has a very user-friendly interface, and is universally recognized by Users as having one of the best performances of all OSs in the market. Till date iOS has been used by Apple in all its mobile devices such as iPods, iPads, and of course all iPhones.
- Android: Android is easily the most popular and universal of all mobile phone OSs. Google released the first Android OS, called ‘Astro’, on September 20th 2008. This was followed by upgraded versions which Google called ‘Bender’ and ‘Cupcake’. Then a whole series of Android upgrades were introduced for which Google used the trend of naming them after any dessert or sweet in alphabetical order. Thus, ‘Donut’ was followed by ‘Éclair’, which was again followed by ‘Froyo’. Next was ‘Gingerbread’, followed by’ Honeycomb’, then ‘Ice Cream Sandwich’ and ‘Jelly Bean’. The latest Android version (Android 6.0) from Google is called ‘Marshmallow’. Unlike the iOS, which is a proprietary system and therefore closed, the Android platform is Open Source, being based on Linux. Vast numbers of Android apps are therefore created and released by non-proprietary developers. Android has always been appreciated for its beautiful appearance and superb performance. New features, many of them contributed indirectly by Google fans and outside developers, contributed to androids immense success. Embedded in the OS is the official app market containing millions of different apps for android devices, and called Google Play Store. Apart from iPhones, using iOS, most of the top mobile phones use Android. Among them are Apple iPhone’s main competitor Samsung Galaxy (Gio S3 and the latest S20), HTC, Motorola, Xiaomi, Oppo and so on.
- Blackberry OS: First released in 1999, Blackberry OS is owned by RIM (Research In Motion). Blackberry OS is again a Closed Source OS, not available to any other manufacturer. The interface uses a trackball for moving on the menu and a QWERTY keyboard. The latest version, Blackberry OS 7.1, was released in May 2011, and is used in Blackberry Bold 9930. Trustworthy and reliable, it protects against almost virus attacks.
- Windows OS: The Windows 7 OS was first released for most of the Microsoft backed Desktops. But then this proved very popular with Nokia mobile phones also, after Nokia and Microsoft joined hands to work together. Nokia’s powerful devices and the colorful and user-friendly interface of Windows 7 have made the Nokia Lumia Series undergo resurgence, with models like Nokia Lumia 800 and 900.
- Palm OS (Garnet OS): Palm OS is used for PDAs (Personal Digital Assistance). While very successful with PDAs from Lenovo, Legend Group, Kyocera, IBM and Janam, Palm OS was unable to make a mark on the mobile market. It is currently not in use in any of the latest top mobile devices.
- Open WebOS: Hewlett-Packard introduced Open WebOS in 2009, for use on HP Smart Phones and Tablets, such as the HP Touch Pad. But such was the popularity of Android over this OS, that HP was forced to discontinue this OS.
- BADA: BADA is owned by Samsung, and is a quiet User-friendly high performance OS, in the same mode as Android. But unfortunately, Samsung has used the latest version, BADA 2.0.5, only on their Wave Mobile Phones (Wave, Wave 2 and Wave 3). Picasa can also be used on BADA mobiles.
Linux is a widely used operating system and for good reason. Lets take a look at some of its advantages.
- Risk Factor: Software performance and security is implicitly dependent on the support it receives. There are some software which are applauded when they are first launched, but within some time, the creating company is found to be no longer in circulation or that it has withdrawn its support from this piece of Software. This effectively means that this Software will no longer see any upgradation, improvement or fixes. As time goes on therefore, this Software would inevitable erode and die. But Linux is Open Sourced, and it is owned, developed and supported by an enormous mass base. So Linux is continuously supported. There is therefore less risk of Linux ever becoming obsolete. Anyone is free to contribute and support Linux.
- Light Weight: Linux has the lowest requirement of specs for running a system than any other system, like Windows or Mac.
- Documentation: All developments inside the Linux community is shared openly, and this creates massive and orderly documentation, the like of which has never been seen in digital history, before or after Linux. The challenging environment has spurred even greater development, as the finest minds enter this field. At the same time, the detailed and orderly documentation that accompanies this development creates a wonderful learning atmosphere for, not only experts and professionals, but also the Beginners. Documentation on commands, libraries, and standards are all available openly on the Internet in a variety of formats including the Linux Documentation Project, the Arch Wild and so on. Further, there are special communities set up for the sole purpose of welcoming and guiding newcomers, examples of which are Ask Ubuntu and Reddit’s r/linuxquestions. Learning is self-paced for the Beginners, and full certification is provide at the end of specific course packages. These certificates are recognized in the IT Industry as passports to lucrative jobs.Improvements:
- Improvements: Linux is actively supported by the global community of developers. Updates are frequent, and come from the remote corners of the software world. Debugging is a regular activity, and bugs are identified and removed in record time. There is constant and efficient improvements in the body of Linux.
- Hardware Support: Unlike most of the other OS’s, Linux Kernel supports most of the Hardware automatically through plug-and-play. This is made possible largely by the ingenuity of the Open Source community. Other manufacturers try to take advantage of the worldwide popularity of Linux by developing Linux versions of their proprietary drivers which can now be easily installed via the software or manually.
- Business Support: Businesses now universally support Linux. Linux is definitely going to stay. This is absolutely essential, not only to Businesses, both existing and new, but also to the world market in Employment. A majority of the jobs generated by the software industry are supported by Linux. IT support by Linux is critical to the well being of millions of employees and thrier families worldwide. “Full stack Development” or rounded overall knowledge is the target of Developers around the Planet now.
- Interoperability: Windows and Macs uses NTFS and HFS+ , for which Linux has driver support, as well as Samba for file/print support on Windows machines. This gives Linux based systems unique Interoperability.
- Compatibility: Linux has the most varied and richest applications of all Programming Languages, and the number of applications far exceeds that of any other Open Source or Proprietary Languages. It covers office applications. Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are two of its most popular Web browsers. ‘Steam’ runs on Linux and has enormous support for the best video games. Media Players and Apps for Image/Video Processing run on Linux, and even Windows can be within Linux.
- Development Potential: Linux, being completely egalitarian from the start, was made for Developers, by Developers. Continuous honing of its tools have made it the most powerful Programming Language ever created. It has a strong ‘Shell’ which can perform both programming and administrative tasks, and makes Linux the automatic default choice for most projects. Linux has a series of powerful and customizable editors which suit any situation. It has its own ‘Notepad’ equivalent in ‘Gedit’ and text based editors like ‘Vim’ and ‘Emacs’. Atom, Sublime, and KomodoIDE are some of IDEs available for web development. Other critical development Software of Linux ‘Git’ for Version Control, and Apache for Setting up a local Web Server. Linux also has tools like Ruby, Heroku and Node.js which can be used in lieu of a GUI (Graphics User Interface).
- Customizable: Desktop themes and designs can be changed with Linux. Different environments have matched sets of options in Linux, such as, KDE, Pantheon, GNOME and XFCE.
- Linux is Free!
Operating systems are mostly dominated by Mac OS or Windows OS. Although these both are the commonly used operating systems, there are other choices like Linux and Ubuntu operating system. The Linux is an operating system which is open than Mac OS and Windows OS. Ubuntu is the operating system which is Linux operating system of open source and the one which is simple to use. Actually, an operating system is the one which connects the hardware with the software side of the system. Ubuntu is the operating system which is constructed on kernel foundation of Linux. It is also referred to as Linux distribution. It is an open source operating system which is accessible to download for free. There are many communities which are dedicated to help you in using those operating systems.
The problem that resides in downloading an open source operating system might be too complicated. It is distributed by an organization which offers you free OS. The model of the business revolves around commercial support to the items which ubuntu brought to the market. Ubuntu also offers the solutions of the software to institutes and corporates to guide them in reducing the costs and enhance their efficiency. For downloading this operating system, you are required to just get the OS official version or burn it on a CD or drive or from its website. You can even utilize it as the second operating system. Many large companies and enterprises have embraced Ubuntu for their operations. Large ecommerce companies and manufacturing firms as well as many tech startups including dating and sex apps like https://localsexapp.com which rely heavily on the reliability and flexibility of their operating systems have made the switch. These companies have clearly identified some important benefits. Let’s look at the benefits of ubuntu for understanding more about this operating system.
What are the advantages of Ubuntu?
The advantages of Ubuntu can let you understand more about its operations and the working of this operating system. Let’s look at the different advantages of Ubuntu. They are –
- It can be simply personalized. Although the windows offer few features of the customization. But this operating system is much more customized when contrasted with other prominent operating systems. This will make sure that you are capable to utilize it precisely as per your needs. You can personalize each and every UI aspect which will make sure that you are capable to make your device more efficient.
- It is the free operating system which is totally free. Unlike the windows operating system or Mac Operating system, you don’t have to pay any kind of fees for ordering it and using it.
- It is more secure operating system compared with other operating systems. Many of the operating systems consist of their personal share of issues. On the other side, Ubuntu, operating system is yet more secure when you compare it with other operating systems such as windows or Mac OS. You don’t have to pay any kind of fee for protecting your device when it is executing and running on this operating system. As this is the main reason why it is a good idea to go for ubuntu operating system.
- It is the better choice for the development when you program or code in this operating system. Ubuntu, operating system offers quite good options which are default and makes sure that you are capable to code in a right manner. The office suites and text editors are already directly incorporated in this operating system. It means that you don’t have to utilize or install the separate software or compilers on your operating system to begin the coding or programming.
- You can run this operating system from a flash driver. You don’t have to install anything for running it. You can just simply load this operating system into a pen drive and run from it. This also is means that you can be capable in carrying your operating system at whatever place or area you will go.
- This operating system offers frequent upgrades. It means one or other features are always updated in this operating system. The support offered by this operating system is much best and incredible when contrasted with the other operating systems. The bugs or vulnerabilities present in this operating system are patched or removed in a fast manner. With each and every upgrade happened, you will have a host of fresh highlights. This can guide you in making your operating system in a more efficient and consistent way.
- This offers different virtual desktops just like your smartphone screen offers to you. You can be able to switch among various screens for working on the different programming. This will make you sure that you are becoming capable to enhance your productivity in a significant manner while using this operating system.
Thus, these are few of the benefits of Ubuntu operating system compared with other operating systems. It is an easy to use operating system, it can also be customizable which makes it best compared with other operating systems.
What are the reasons to switch to ubuntu, operating system?
There are some best reasons to switch over to the Ubuntu operating system. Few of them includes –
- It is a free operating system which is also an open source operating system.
- It offers thigh security compared with the other operating systems.
- It is simple to utilize operating system.
- It is as well a compatible one with the hardware of low end.
- It includes all the drivers and you can run it on a flash drive.
- It is customizable completely.
So, these are some of the reasons which makes it essential for you in taking a glance at the Ubuntu operating system for your device. It is better rather than depending on the other compiled systems of operating. If you haven’t used this operating system, now is the time for you to check this OS. With the features which are mind boggling and full options of customization, you can be capable to utilize your device exactly as per your needs which will enhance your productivity and efficiency. It is now the time in exploring the Ubuntu operating system with best details and know the basics of this operating system to use it.
With the growing evolution in the digital ecosystem, technical devices are expanding every day. Though about 80% of laptop and desktop users use Windows, Mac OS users are also increasing in number day by day. This creates a scope for comparison between the duo. In this article we will offer a comparative study between Mac OS and Windows. So go through it minutely if you are looking to buy one for yourself.
Both the operating systems offer outstanding set up processes. You can use both of these without having to sign in to the account with Microsoft or Apple. You can get a rich experience in using both. From syncing multiple machines, app roaming, voice assistants, and messages – both the OS offer these.
Microsoft allows you to install the operating system on using your voice. On the other hand, Apple can install the OS updates with the help of system preference rather than in Mac App store. Both can naturally recognize and install the technical drivers for general hardware items like keyboards, mouse and storage. So it’s a win win situation for both the operating systems.
Both Mac and Windows operating systems offer a user friendly log in interface so that you can get over the traditional way of signing in to the desktop first. If you have a MacBook Pro with a touch bar you may easily get into the Mac using one touch. All you have to do is to log in with Apple watch or iPhone so that you can easily use it as their user interface is quite similar to that of a computer.
On the other hand Windows 10 gives you Hello with multiple biometric log in opportunities. Face login is one of the coolest and innovative ways of getting into the system. Most of the PCs use this system along with several Surface devices. Hello supports finger print readers that are available on laptops like HP Spectre 13. If you have no hardware installed or compatible with these features, Windows can easily accept a Pin.
After booting the OS windows can get operated with the Start button and menu so that you can access multiple settings, apps, and documents. There’s nothing akin in Mac OS however you may pin it frequently to access apps on the Dock. Now go to the application folder and set up the desktop with several icons with most used files and programs. You may also use the Launchpad icon to go through pages and start apps.
From our perspective, Windows 10 is a clear winner not because Mac OS doesn’t have several features, but because Windows 10 is less complicated, interactive, and user friendly. The one thing to consider is your use of the computer. Windows tends to be more vulnerable to viruses and malware than Mac Os. So if you are surfing a lot of adult content or fuck buddy sites that tend to be targets for these things, this is a factor to consider as well.
While Apple provides several amazing computer hardware options, the choice is quite limited in the face of Windows. Windows offer an extensive range of hardware options that are not only numerous in number but also multi dimensional and varied in operation. Some of the examples include VR Headsets, HoloLens, Raspberry Pi among others that can effectively run in Windows.
For the internal hardware system, Windows and Mac both have consistent amount of powerful CPU, storage and graphics card that help to keep the system running. Also, Windows offers a more flexibility in configuring the system. No wonder Windows is a winner from our perception because it has a wide range of hardware and also offers substantial amount of flexibility in configuration system.
User friendliness is an added functionality or benefit of Windows. Also, affordability is another function. Windows is more adaptive and compatible to be paired with other devices and systems. These two reasons indicate the popularity of Windows over Mac. While we don’t undermine the refined functionality and appearance of Mac OS and surely don’t underestimate its performance potential, Windows seems to be more flexible and all inclusive according to us.
Both the operating systems exhibit a wide range of inbuilt features, apps and utilities. You can directly mail clients, access calculator, calendar, view pictures and videos, and edit these, write and browse web, record voice or take screenshot. Further there’s other apps dedicated for maps, cameras, weather updates, news and contacts. Here we cannot really determine one better than the other since both have their share of utility apps.
Hope or comparative study between Mac and Windows operating systems has helped you to pick the right one between the duos. If you want to invest in a low amount OS that runs substantially well in any device and more comprehensive in its features and apps, we suggest you to pick Windows. However, for a more professional and stylistic appeal, or for a creative bend of mind towards digital solutions, Mac OS is a clear winner. Check these out.
Today operating systems are used everywhere and they are present even in small devices. It is impossible to live without an operating system today. Either it is computers, laptops, or any other smart device for their functioning operating system is essential. More than this, along with devices even the entire infrastructure that we live in today demands an operating system. Operating systems are necessary for this modern society since they are making it run smoothly.
Why Operating Systems?
Irrespective of the type of operating system you are using, it is necessary for the operation of hardware and software on any device. But, like any other technology or device, the operating system was not always been there. It has an origin and history which should be understood for understanding their evolution. The history of the operating system is not something that evolved in isolation. It has developed along with information technology.
By reading the history of the operating system we can understand that, how these operating systems have evolved over time and how they look now.
A brief operating system history
Operating systems have their origin in the 50s of the last century. Before this that is in 1940s programs were directly introduced to machines and this was done through a series of micro switches. Later in the 1950s, a new technology emerged and that allowed the simplest interaction with the computer.
This was a system that was helping in loading the program to the computer. It was also performing functions like reading from tape and punched cards. This is the technology that encouraged the development of initial operating systems.
This system was helping to increase the speed by loading the programs simultaneously and executing tasks. In the 1960s there was the launch of integrated circuits and this helped in enhancing the power of computers.
The main memory was holding multi programs and the operating system was responsible for the allocation. Later timeshare was developed and that helped in assigning the execution of applications.
Initially, this was only used in the telecommunications area and it was responsible for processing events even at other computers. After this, came multiprocessors and by the end of the 1970s, there was the release of operating systems like UNIX.
This was the time when windows operating systems were started developing and after this tremendous improvement was seen in the launching of operating systems.
This operating system was completely based on UNIX and this was the time the concept of free software and open-source were in the boom. Later Solaris was released and this is also one of the operating systems based on UNIX.
This is the start of a big family of operating systems that are commercially successful and popular. One word: Windows
There are plenty of operating systems that are getting released every year. But among all Windows and Android which is the latest addition are highly successful. Today majority of the smartphones include Android operating system. These are the two major operating systems along with iOS that are very popular and most commonly used today.