Linux is a widely used operating system and for good reason. Lets take a look at some of its advantages.
- Risk Factor: Software performance and security is implicitly dependent on the support it receives. There are some software which are applauded when they are first launched, but within some time, the creating company is found to be no longer in circulation or that it has withdrawn its support from this piece of Software. This effectively means that this Software will no longer see any upgradation, improvement or fixes. As time goes on therefore, this Software would inevitable erode and die. But Linux is Open Sourced, and it is owned, developed and supported by an enormous mass base. So Linux is continuously supported. There is therefore less risk of Linux ever becoming obsolete. Anyone is free to contribute and support Linux.
- Light Weight: Linux has the lowest requirement of specs for running a system than any other system, like Windows or Mac.
- Documentation: All developments inside the Linux community is shared openly, and this creates massive and orderly documentation, the like of which has never been seen in digital history, before or after Linux. The challenging environment has spurred even greater development, as the finest minds enter this field. At the same time, the detailed and orderly documentation that accompanies this development creates a wonderful learning atmosphere for, not only experts and professionals, but also the Beginners. Documentation on commands, libraries, and standards are all available openly on the Internet in a variety of formats including the Linux Documentation Project, the Arch Wild and so on. Further, there are special communities set up for the sole purpose of welcoming and guiding newcomers, examples of which are Ask Ubuntu and Reddit’s r/linuxquestions. Learning is self-paced for the Beginners, and full certification is provide at the end of specific course packages. These certificates are recognized in the IT Industry as passports to lucrative jobs.Improvements:
- Improvements: Linux is actively supported by the global community of developers. Updates are frequent, and come from the remote corners of the software world. Debugging is a regular activity, and bugs are identified and removed in record time. There is constant and efficient improvements in the body of Linux.
- Hardware Support: Unlike most of the other OS’s, Linux Kernel supports most of the Hardware automatically through plug-and-play. This is made possible largely by the ingenuity of the Open Source community. Other manufacturers try to take advantage of the worldwide popularity of Linux by developing Linux versions of their proprietary drivers which can now be easily installed via the software or manually.
- Business Support: Businesses now universally support Linux. Linux is definitely going to stay. This is absolutely essential, not only to Businesses, both existing and new, but also to the world market in Employment. A majority of the jobs generated by the software industry are supported by Linux. IT support by Linux is critical to the well being of millions of employees and thrier families worldwide. “Full stack Development” or rounded overall knowledge is the target of Developers around the Planet now.
- Interoperability: Windows and Macs uses NTFS and HFS+ , for which Linux has driver support, as well as Samba for file/print support on Windows machines. This gives Linux based systems unique Interoperability.
- Compatibility: Linux has the most varied and richest applications of all Programming Languages, and the number of applications far exceeds that of any other Open Source or Proprietary Languages. It covers office applications. Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are two of its most popular Web browsers. ‘Steam’ runs on Linux and has enormous support for the best video games. Media Players and Apps for Image/Video Processing run on Linux, and even Windows can be within Linux.
- Development Potential: Linux, being completely egalitarian from the start, was made for Developers, by Developers. Continuous honing of its tools have made it the most powerful Programming Language ever created. It has a strong ‘Shell’ which can perform both programming and administrative tasks, and makes Linux the automatic default choice for most projects. Linux has a series of powerful and customizable editors which suit any situation. It has its own ‘Notepad’ equivalent in ‘Gedit’ and text based editors like ‘Vim’ and ‘Emacs’. Atom, Sublime, and KomodoIDE are some of IDEs available for web development. Other critical development Software of Linux ‘Git’ for Version Control, and Apache for Setting up a local Web Server. Linux also has tools like Ruby, Heroku and Node.js which can be used in lieu of a GUI (Graphics User Interface).
- Customizable: Desktop themes and designs can be changed with Linux. Different environments have matched sets of options in Linux, such as, KDE, Pantheon, GNOME and XFCE.
- Linux is Free!
Operating systems are mostly dominated by Mac OS or Windows OS. Although these both are the commonly used operating systems, there are other choices like Linux and Ubuntu operating system. The Linux is an operating system which is open than Mac OS and Windows OS. Ubuntu is the operating system which is Linux operating system of open source and the one which is simple to use. Actually, an operating system is the one which connects the hardware with the software side of the system. Ubuntu is the operating system which is constructed on kernel foundation of Linux. It is also referred to as Linux distribution. It is an open source operating system which is accessible to download for free. There are many communities which are dedicated to help you in using those operating systems.
The problem that resides in downloading an open source operating system might be too complicated. It is distributed by an organization which offers you free OS. The model of the business revolves around commercial support to the items which ubuntu brought to the market. Ubuntu also offers the solutions of the software to institutes and corporates to guide them in reducing the costs and enhance their efficiency. For downloading this operating system, you are required to just get the OS official version or burn it on a CD or drive or from its website. You can even utilize it as the second operating system. Many large companies and enterprises have embraced Ubuntu for their operations. Large ecommerce companies and manufacturing firms as well as many tech startups including dating and sex apps like https://localsexapp.com which rely heavily on the reliability and flexibility of their operating systems have made the switch. These companies have clearly identified some important benefits. Let’s look at the benefits of ubuntu for understanding more about this operating system.
What are the advantages of Ubuntu?
The advantages of Ubuntu can let you understand more about its operations and the working of this operating system. Let’s look at the different advantages of Ubuntu. They are –
- It can be simply personalized. Although the windows offer few features of the customization. But this operating system is much more customized when contrasted with other prominent operating systems. This will make sure that you are capable to utilize it precisely as per your needs. You can personalize each and every UI aspect which will make sure that you are capable to make your device more efficient.
- It is the free operating system which is totally free. Unlike the windows operating system or Mac Operating system, you don’t have to pay any kind of fees for ordering it and using it.
- It is more secure operating system compared with other operating systems. Many of the operating systems consist of their personal share of issues. On the other side, Ubuntu, operating system is yet more secure when you compare it with other operating systems such as windows or Mac OS. You don’t have to pay any kind of fee for protecting your device when it is executing and running on this operating system. As this is the main reason why it is a good idea to go for ubuntu operating system.
- It is the better choice for the development when you program or code in this operating system. Ubuntu, operating system offers quite good options which are default and makes sure that you are capable to code in a right manner. The office suites and text editors are already directly incorporated in this operating system. It means that you don’t have to utilize or install the separate software or compilers on your operating system to begin the coding or programming.
- You can run this operating system from a flash driver. You don’t have to install anything for running it. You can just simply load this operating system into a pen drive and run from it. This also is means that you can be capable in carrying your operating system at whatever place or area you will go.
- This operating system offers frequent upgrades. It means one or other features are always updated in this operating system. The support offered by this operating system is much best and incredible when contrasted with the other operating systems. The bugs or vulnerabilities present in this operating system are patched or removed in a fast manner. With each and every upgrade happened, you will have a host of fresh highlights. This can guide you in making your operating system in a more efficient and consistent way.
- This offers different virtual desktops just like your smartphone screen offers to you. You can be able to switch among various screens for working on the different programming. This will make you sure that you are becoming capable to enhance your productivity in a significant manner while using this operating system.
Thus, these are few of the benefits of Ubuntu operating system compared with other operating systems. It is an easy to use operating system, it can also be customizable which makes it best compared with other operating systems.
What are the reasons to switch to ubuntu, operating system?
There are some best reasons to switch over to the Ubuntu operating system. Few of them includes –
- It is a free operating system which is also an open source operating system.
- It offers thigh security compared with the other operating systems.
- It is simple to utilize operating system.
- It is as well a compatible one with the hardware of low end.
- It includes all the drivers and you can run it on a flash drive.
- It is customizable completely.
So, these are some of the reasons which makes it essential for you in taking a glance at the Ubuntu operating system for your device. It is better rather than depending on the other compiled systems of operating. If you haven’t used this operating system, now is the time for you to check this OS. With the features which are mind boggling and full options of customization, you can be capable to utilize your device exactly as per your needs which will enhance your productivity and efficiency. It is now the time in exploring the Ubuntu operating system with best details and know the basics of this operating system to use it.